Monday, August 13, 2012

Interesting Week, & Interesting FOOD!!! 8/13/2012



August 13, 2012
This week has been an interesting week. We had a great time and had some interesting meals. But the work is going good.

First off I have to tell you guys about a meal I had this week. So we go over to this members home for dinner, we have some interesting meals with her. But this time she made some meatloaf. Whenever I go over there to eat, I pray that I can eat the food and keep it down. But this time was a lot better then other times. But I did notice Elder Mckenna slowed down a bit. When she left to go and get the ice cream, he pointed to something on his plate; it was a pile of maggots! They were everywhere in the food, but luckily there were dead. Still, that made me almost die! So on the way home we got a 44oz. of coke each and drank it to kill off anything that could be alive in us! It was pretty gross, and she has signed up a couple more times for the month. Let’s just say we are going to have a lot of meetings during those days. We didn’t get sick or anything from it but it was a good scare.

Speaking about food  I can tell I am being fed well. I can actually gain weight! I forgot to say that within the first month of being away from home I gained 10 pounds and am now up to 150 pounds! That is only a 15 pound gain, but it is a big change from being 135 for a year or two.

Other than that and doing close to 1000 push-ups this week, it has been pretty normal. We had an investigator walk out on church yesterday. He got offended somehow in a class. But hopefully we can get him back on track and straighten everything out. But all of our other investigators have been pretty solid. And we have been having a great time doing the work of the Lord. But I see more and more every day how satan can influence the lives of the people we try to bring into Gods church.

I am trying my hardest and having fun at the same time, so don’t worry about me too much!

Thanks for always being there! I LOVE you all!!!!

Love,
Elder Barlocker II

No comments:

Post a Comment