Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ARIZONA WELCOMES ELDER BARLOCKER 6/19/2012


JUNE 19, 2012
Well to day is my p-day down here in Arizona! But after today my p-days will be on mondays.
We slept over at the Mission Presidents home last night, they have a nice house. This morning we had to wake up early to go and meet our companions and have a couple of training meetings. Needles to say I am really tired... But he and his family are really nice. You can really tell he knows what he is doing.
President Killpack, Elder B, & Sister Killpack
It is really hot down here, but it is bearable. Good thing we do not have to wear suit jackets all the time. When we got here yesterday it was 104 and it is hotter than that today. Even when the wind is blowing it doesn't cool down, it is a warm wind. This first area I am in is a biking area. So soon we are going to go and get me a bike to ride. But there are quite a few cars in the mission, mostly Ford Fusions and Chevy Colorado's. But I think the biking should be fun.
My companion is Elder Mackenna (I think that is how it is spelled) and he is on his third transfer here. I have only been to our apartment once today and that was to drop stuff off, but the nice thing is we both have our own bathrooms! When we met he told me we had three baptisms this Saturday! I thought that was kind of cool. And pretty much every dinner is with a member, at least I will be getting some decent meals!
I really do not know if I can really do this. I thought I was ready when I left the MTC, but now that I am here I realized I didn't know a lot about what I was really going to do. It scares the crap out of me to be doing this... But I do not want to let you guys down or the Lord, so I will try my hardest to do what I should be. But I know a lot of new missionaries feel the same way I do, so in that I am not alone... DO NOT worry about me, I had the same kind of felling when I went into the MTC, just not on this scale, and I know I can get over it with time.
I really hope you guys are doing fine without me and not worrying too much. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Thanks for being there for me all the time!

Love,

Elder Barlocker II









No comments:

Post a Comment