Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012…Onward and upwards in the RAIN!

MONSOON!!!!

MONSOON
 SEASON!
RAIN, RAIN, & MORE RAIN!!!

Leaks in the apartment...
As to the questions, I got a new tire put on my bike because it popped and I got a light kit with a speedometer. I might be buying a new lock this week because someone tried to steal my bike and got about half way through my lock. It was in a place that you don’t trust to have your bike locked up, but luckily I still have it.


This week I did something that I would have never thought I would have done in Arizona, I mowed a lawn! We were helping this family, the Cannatas, do some yard work and I got the job of mowing the lawn. I would have never guessed I would have been doing that here… But the Cannatas are an awesome family, if you guys decide in two years to come pick me up you will have to meet them!

But things down here are as crazy as ever! Too many things going on and so little time to do them. We only have one baptismal date that is solid, all the others have either disappeared or are always busy. It is sad to see how satan can effect someone’s life and get them when you least expect it. But the spirit always finds a way. But our guy with the baptismal date is an old biker who got in a car accident, not on his bike, and has some bad back problems, but he is very accepting to just about everything, comes to church, and enjoys us coming over and teaching him. It is too bad that not everyone is like that; but we don’t want to make it too easy.

This week we got caught in a huge rain storm! Even with my raincoat on I still got soaked! We even got splashed by a car while on the sidewalk. It gets to a point where you don’t worry about avoiding the big puddles you just trudge right on through because you can’t get any wetter then you already are. But there have been a couple big storms this week.

I don’t have any crazy stories this week but I do have a lot of pics to upload so I will get to that and if anything else comes to mind I will send another email!

LOVE you guys so much! I hope everyone is doing well and having fun!

With every bit of love in the world,

Elder Barlocker II

No comments:

Post a Comment