Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5/28/2013 New Comp...

Family,
“…Be not afraid, only believe.” Mark 5:36
Things have been okay around here. …new comp…Luckily I have E-Seare w/in walking distance... plus E-Call…from my MTC District is here too. I love all the elders around here…The Lord must trust me with all the stuff I get thrown at me… but I am getting through it.
On to more uplifting things…;)
I kinda had a baptism last weekend. I was an older couple I taught when we had the four wards. I had seen people like them before and it ended up they were more talk then action. Like when he said he would go to church every Sunday, I thought in my head- not in my foot…”Oh boy, not another one of these…” But it turns out they were sincere. I don’t think I will ever forget that baptism. I felt the spirit in a different way; I just felt really, really happy and glad, like never before. There is just something about knowing that you helped someone make such a big step. That is indescribable! :) I wish I could feel that way every day!
So that was a record for me, two baptisms one weekend after another. I will have to send the pics next week.

As of today, I have 365 days till I go home! In two days I will hit my year out mark…that is just crazy. Back home a year took forever, but now it flys right by. There are some moments I wish it would just slow down and others I wish it would go faster…but it is what it is and I am doing my best to make the most of it!
We just got back from doing a little exchange with the 5th ward bishopric. My comp went with the bishop and I went with one of his counselors and we went to visit some part-member families. We got some potentials out of it! … but 5th ward is really trying to get the missionary work going. It is nice not being the only ones doing missionary work in a ward. The first thing I told my comp when he got here is that I am gunna try to have the wards do more with the work.
I hope you guys are doing your best to help the work. It is probably a little different back in Utah, but you guys can always do something.
Here is a challenge for ya: have a referral for the missionaries by the next time you guys feed them. and if that is too much time, at least refer the person through mormon.org and always have a BOM around. In the car, purse, or hand. If each of you haven’t handed at least one BOM out w/in this next year, your gunna be in trouble>:) and please pray for those opportunities, even if you think your faith is enough – at that point it’s not. Faith= works, and I believe that prayer is the beginning of those works. W/out talking things with your Heavenly Father. How do you expect him to help us out? For some of you it is going to be scary as heck, it still is for me, but if you just do it, the Lord will help you out; I have seen Him help me in ways I never knew he could.
Well, I hope all is going well back home! I am doing okay down here! Thanks for all you do for me! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Love,
E-BarlockerII

No comments:

Post a Comment