Monday, December 10, 2012

So Delightful! 12/10/2012


How is my favorite missionary doing this fine day?
  Good.

How was your week in your new area?
  Great!

Now you are in Wilcox - correct? The map you sent was for St. David so I was a bit confused. I just read your email wrong.
  Yes, Wilcox is in St. David.

So this transfer, is it going well & how far did you have to travel?
  So far this transfer is going great. It was almost an hour drive if I can remember right.

Did you get any packages this past week? I sent your CHRISTMAS package & a small package with your songs. Sorry I took so long on the music. Enjoy them!
  Nope, it takes forever for packages to get from the mission office to us; and now that I am even further away it will take longer then a week for packages.

So this week what have you been doing?
  Getting to know the new area.

Anything fun/exciting/boring/difficult/strange?
  Nope just that I have to get use to waving to people. In Tucson everyone hates everyone so nobody waves even if you do. But now that I am in a small city people are actually nice.

What is your new area like?
  Small, little city.

What is your new comp like? & Where is he from?
He has been out twenty months and is from Syracuse Ut.

Do you get along with him ok?
Yup!

Well that was pretty much what I was going to say in this email... Even got me to remember some things that I had forgotten about. Now I really cannot think of anything to say.

I am liking my new area and things have been good. And I brought my camera today so I got to get the pick uploaded.

Love you all!

Love
Elder Barlocker II

PICS:
1. Sunset in Wilcox
2. The Clarks from my last area
3. E' Nuttal and Me
4. E' Banner (ASL) and me, and the sign means saguaro cactus
5. My last district
6. My last Zone








An email I received from a missionary's mom in Jaren's new area:


Kim,  I asked Elder Mizera if he knew your son and this is what he said in his letter today.

"Elder Barlocker is in one of our districts. I was there when he was "born", too. He's pretty cool. He's really into magic (rabbit out of a hat/card trick kind). You can tell his mom from me that he's an awesome missionary. My companion is actually the trainer of his trainer. ie his grandpa;)"



Makes you feel a whole lot better knowing he is being looked after! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment